Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Yukon River Guided Canoeing
“The Yukon River, our first choice for paddling into the past.”
Canoe and Kayak Magazine
Yukon River guided canoeing adventure trip from Carmacks to Dawson City means connecting with a rich natural and human history. It is synonymous with the last Ice Age, travel and settlement, generational human presence, and the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush.
The days on the river help build our anticipation and excitement of reaching Dawson City, the center of the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush. That anticipation must have been equally apparent to the gold rushers. Finally, a distinct landslide scar, and Dawson City comes into view.
Note: Our Teslin River canoe trip meets the Yukon River at Hootalinqua and from there on to Carmacks. We have opted to avoid Lake Laberge, as the lake’s strong funneled winds make canoeing potential very dangerous, and can delay safe travel for days.
YUKON RIVER GUIDED CANOEING HIGHLIGHTS
- a glaciated landscape of low hills, granite rock, high sandy cliffs, and spruce forest.
- the remoteness and serenity of this majestic river.
- layover day at Fort Selkirk. The restored buildings and First Nations community there embody the pioneer spirit of the Yukon.
- good chances to see an assortment of wildlife from Dall sheep, eagles, moose, peregrine falcons, mountain goats to the occasional bear.
- reminders along the Yukon River from the Klondike Gold Rush and the era of the stern wheeler boats.
- two day layover at a hotel in Dawson City. The town offers restored buildings, period entertainment, museums, shopping, and good food.
- visits to a gold dredge and the original gold claim that began the Klondike Gold Rush.
ASK a QUESTION – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Whitehorse, Yukon
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Novice – Class I Paddling Waters
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
|June 19-28||$2050 Cdn+ 5% Tax||5||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 11-20||$2050 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 15-24||$2050 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
Self Guided Yukon River