Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon
|Using the Maps||Order Guidebooks|
Click on selected box to display more information on each topic.
Interpreting the Maps
SAMPLE MAP PAGE
We have condensed the many topographic maps you would need to paddle the Yukon River and Teslin River. The maps are presented in a concise, easy to follow, accurate, and clear format. Each map contains GPS coordinates, river distances, and any historical or natural/cultural information that may prove interesting.
- A top-situated spiral binding allows for easy flipping between numbered pages.
- Canadian topographic maps – detailed, accurate, and in full colour.
- 8.5×11 inch glossy pages that fit conveniently into waterproof map cases or large Ziplock bags.
- Scaled between 1:50 000 & 1:70 000
- Three-dimensional shading that displays mountains, valleys, and steep river banks.
- Cautionary warnings with prescribed options.
- Easy to read and follow historical notes on the map pages.
- Relevant, interesting information and side stories on the map pages.
- Location of high water campsites.
- Lead guide’s choices for best campsites
- Rating of campsites by scenery and amenities.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates.
- Distances between GPS coordinates in kilometers and miles.