Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Teslin River Guided Canoeing
Once you begin the Teslin River guided canoeing adventure, you are transported into a world of calming serenity, picturesque scenery, and connection with people that are and were the great story that is the Teslin River. The Teslin may not have the name recognition that the Yukon River has, but it is in its own right as culturally and historically relevant to the story of the Yukon.
“For a moment we find ourselves in a time warp… It is a place you can’t see. You feel it. Here there is a wider sense of place – planted in our intellect by people we never met or knew and by events we never witnessed. On the Yukon River it takes hold of you as you drift around each corner and discover some new remnant of time.” John Firth/River Time
Note: The Teslin River, aside of its standing as one of the Yukon’s great rivers, avoids Lake Laberge, with its strong funneled winds that can make canoeing potentially very dangerous, and can delay safe travel for days.
TESLIN RIVER GUIDED CANOEING HIGHLIGHTS
- a glaciated landscape of low hills, granite rock, high sandy cliffs, and spruce forest.
- remote and serene, with a deep connection to nature and history.
- wildlife possibilities include eagles, moose, peregrine falcons, to the occasional bear.
- reminders of the movement of people and sternwheelers on the river are evident to this day.
- visit to Hootalinqua, a significant trading and sternwheeler depot during the gold rush.
- visit to Shipyard Island with derelict remains of the steamship Evelyn
View a Photo Essay of our Teslin River Guided Canoe adventure.
ASK a QUESTION – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
The canoe trip on the Yukon and Teslin Rivers was definitely a highlight of my vacation in Canada and I feel lucky that I could share the experience with such a wonderful group of people. Thanks again for making the canoe trip such a success! ~ Pascale LeManquet, Belgium
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Whitehorse, Yukon
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Class I-II Paddling Waters
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
|2019||Cost||Spots||Book Your Adventure|
|June 19-27||$1975 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 23-31||$1975 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 3-11||$1975 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|