Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Kayaking with Orcas
Our guided orca kayaking adventure to Johnstone Strait, situated between mainland B.C. and Vancouver Island, is the best place in the world to see these magnificent orca whales. Every summer resident orca pods return to the waters of Johnstone Strait to socialize and feed on salmon returning to spawn in various creeks, streams, and rivers.
Our lead guides are members of the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC. They are a non-profit society which upholds high standards for professional sea kayak guides and operators in BC. Through ongoing professional development and certification, the Alliance strives to ensure safe practices on an industry-wide basis.
KAYAKING WITH ORCAS HIGHLIGHTS
- travel with us from Vancouver at no extra cost.
- our dates are set for the best chances to see orca whales sometime during your trip.
- all campsites are on the coast which also enhances the chances of seeing orcas from shore.
- abundant marine wildlife including other whale species, seals/sea lions, porpoises, eagles, cormorants.
- how impacting is seeing an orca from a kayak? One of our clients describes a memorable meeting with orcas on a kayaking tour in Johnstone Strait – “Khwooff! the blast of his blowhole was as loud as a geyser. The bull orca passed just in front of our kayaks, about 25 meters out, surfacing straight ahead, so close we could see the white patch by his eye, the greyish tinge of his back, and follow the whole graceful black and white curve and arc of him, from nose to tail, as he dove again.”
- we respect guidelines that have been established to respect privacy for orca viewing.
View a Photo Essay of our Kayaking With Orcas guided adventure.
ASK a QUESTION – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Just wanted to let you all know what an awesome time we all had on our recent trip with you to Johnstone Strait. The trip was very well organized. Georgia and Janet worked very well together and we all felt safe and comfortable under their care. The food was good and plentiful. Len, by now you have probably heard that we saw some whales on each day of our trip! How the girls arranged that I’m not sure, but it sure was exciting. One of the features that made things easier for us was the pickup and dropoff at the hotel. Not having to rent a car was nice, since it would sit for most of the week anyway, as well as not having to worry about ferry schedules etc.~ Robert Smyth and Family, Ontario
You can enter your 10 digit phone number at explore.org and they will text you a notice when whales are on camera.
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Vancouver, BC
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Suitable for Beginners
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
|July 14-20||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 25-31||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 25-31||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Sept 11-17||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|