Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Kayaking with Orcas
Our guided orca kayaking adventure to Johnstone Strait, situated between mainland B.C. and Vancouver Island, is the best place in the world to see these magnificent orca whales. Every summer resident orca pods return to the waters of Johnstone Strait to socialize and feed on salmon returning to spawn in various creeks, streams, and rivers.
Our lead guides are members of the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC. They are a non-profit society which upholds high standards for professional sea kayak guides and operators in BC. Through ongoing professional development and certification, the Alliance strives to ensure safe practices on an industry-wide basis.
KAYAKING WITH ORCAS HIGHLIGHTS
- we offer either 6 or 7 day package trips.
- travel with us from Vancouver at no extra cost.
- our dates are set for the best chances to see orca whales sometime during your trip.
- all campsites are on the coast which also enhances chances of seeing orcas from shore.
- abundant marine wildlife including other whale species, seals/sea lions, porpoises, eagles, cormorants.
- how impacting is seeing an orca from a kayak? One of our clients describes a memorable meeting with orcas on a kayaking tour in Johnstone Strait – “Khwooff! the blast of his blow hole was as loud as a geyser. The bull orca passed just in front of our kayaks, about 25 meters out, surfacing straight ahead, so close we could see the white patch by his eye, the greyish tinge of his back, and follow the whole graceful black and white curve and arc of him, from nose to tail, as he dove again.”
- we respect guidelines that have been established to respect privacy for orca viewing.
View a Photo Essay of our Kayaking With Orcas guided adventure.
ASK a QUESTION – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Johnstone Strait Orca Cam
You can enter your 10 digit phone number at explore.org and they will text you a notice when whales are on camera.
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Vancouver, BC
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Suitable for Beginners
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
|July 22-28 (7 day)||$1775 Cdn+ 5% Tax||7||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 28-Aug 2 (6 day)||$1575 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 24-29 (6 day)||$1575 Cdn+ 5% Tax||4||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 13-18 (6 day)||$1575 Cdn+ 5% Tax||5||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Sept 8-14 (7 day)||$1775 Cdn+ 5% Tax||8||Deposit Only||Full Payment|