Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
CHILKOOT TRAIL GUIDED HIKE – ALASKA/YUKON
” Lace up those boots and get moving to retrace the journey of the stampeders of the Klondike Gold Rush as you scale the Golden Stairs of the Chilkoot Trail “ Great Walks of the World
“One of the 50 best hikes in North America” – Explore Magazine/November
“One of the 5 Best Hikes in the Yukon“ – Travel2Next/award-winning travel experiences
“It is impossible to give one an idea of the slowness with which things are moving. It takes a day to go four or five miles and back: It takes a dollar to do what ten cents would do at home.” Tappan Adey/Aug 1897. Such were some of the conditions on the Chilkoot trail that the Klondike gold rushers were prepared to accept for the promise of gold near Dawson City. You will follow in their footsteps, over an unchanged landscape of rainforest, alpine, and boreal forest. It kindles a sense of kinship and appreciation of their epic accomplishment.
Our Chilkoot Trail guided hike offers the hiker an opportunity to experience the challenge, anticipation, and danger which confronted the men and women of the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 from Alaska to Dawson City, Yukon.
- the trail is an outdoor museum, with discarded personal items, gravesites, abandoned towns, and other reminders of the journey to the goldfields in the Klondike.
- experience changing ecosystems along the Chilkoot Trail from the temperate rainforest, subalpine, tundra, to boreal forest.
- spectacular rainforest, snow-capped mountains, hanging glaciers, turquoise lakes, cascading rivers highlight much of our guided Chilkoot Trail.
- rail travel aboard the famous and historic White Pass & Yukon Railroad.
- Chilkoot Trail: Booking, Trip Dates, & Pricing
- Have a question?
- Chilkoot Trail Itinerary
- Why Select us for your Adventure?
- Our Covid19 Tour Practices
Well, what can I say – I wanted to write and say thank you and how brilliant everything was, but words are now failing me! What an amazing time – from the Chilkoot Trail and the wonderful views at the top of the pass to the long walk down over the snow, the brilliant timing of the readings and poetry and did I mention how wonderful the food was? Well, it was! ~ Mary Graham, UK
National Geographic Adventure Magazine
National Geographic Adventure Magazine recognized us as one of the top tour companies in the world from 2009-2013. It no longer maintains a ranking of adventure companies, but we still maintain the same environmental and client practices that earned us this prestigious acknowledgment in the past.
Leave No Trace Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and inspiring responsible outdoor recreation through education, research, and partnerships. Leave No Trace builds awareness, appreciation, and respect for our wildlands. Sea to Sky Wilderness Adventures is a proud member that strives to meet the principles of the No Trace Canada code of ethics.