Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Chilkoot Trail Guided Hike
” Lace up those boots and get moving to retrace the journey of the stampeders of the Klondike Gold Rush as you scale the Golden Stairs of the Chilkoot Trail ” Great Walks of the World
“One of the 50 best hikes in North America” – Explore Magazine/November 2015
“One of the 5 Best Hikes in the Yukon“ – Travel2Next/award-winning travel experiences
Our Chilkoot Trail guided hike offers the hiker an opportunity to experience the challenge, anticipation, and danger which confronted the men and women of the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 from Alaska to Dawson City, Yukon. You will follow in their footsteps, over an unchanged landscape of rainforest, alpine, and boreal forest. It kindles a sense of kinship and appreciation of their epic accomplishment.
CHILKOOT TRAIL GUIDED HIKE HIGHLIGHTS
- the trail is an outdoor museum, with discarded personal items, grave sites, abandoned towns, and other reminders of the journey to the goldfields in the Klondike.
- experience changing ecosystems along the Chilkoot Trail from temperate rainforest, sub-alpine, tundra, to boreal forest.
- spectacular rainforest, snow-capped mountains, hanging glaciers, turquoise lakes, cascading rivers highlight much of our guided Chilkoot Trail.
- rail travel aboard the famous and historic White Pass & Yukon Railroad.
- a visit to historic Skagway and Dyea, Alaska, the entry points for many of the early gold rushers and port of call for present-day cruise ships.
- learn more about the history and significance of the Chilkoot Trail.
ASK a QUESTION – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Well, what can I say – I wanted to write and say thank you and how brilliant everything was, but words are now failing me! What an amazing time – from the Chilkoot Trail and the wonderful views at the top of the pass to the long walk down over the snow, the brilliant timing of the readings and poetry and did I mention how wonderful the food was? Well, it was! ~ Mary Graham, UK
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Whitehorse, Yukon
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Sections are Demanding & Strenuous
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
|July 1-7||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||10||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 25-31||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 5-11||$1875 Cdn+ 5% Tax||5||Deposit Only||Full Payment|