Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Tombstone Mountains Guided Hike
During our Tombstone Mountains guided hike, you will be struck by the jagged pinnacles of the Tombstone Mountains that have been shaped by wind, water, and glaciers. It stands in stark contrast to the surrounding sub-arctic/alpine tundra and boreal forest. It is a landscape that highlights a remarkably diverse and productive eco-system.
We have opted to offer this Tombstone Mountains guided hike in late summer when the autumn tundra colours come alive. The valleys and lower mountain elevations explode into a cornucopia of vivid oranges, reds, yellows, & greens.
TOMBSTONE MOUNTAINS GUIDED HIKE ADVENTURE HIGHLIGHTS
- stands on the edge of an expanse of land called Berengia. Berengia was untouched by the last great glacial ice age (about 20,000 years ago) that covered most of North America.
- the landscape resembles a time when a land bridge existed between Asia and North America over present day Bering Sea.
- campsites in the midst of the towering peaks, mountain lakes, impressive valleys, and the reds, yellows, and oranges of autumn foliage will remain vividly in your memory of this outstanding Yukon area.
- helicopter flight into the heart of the Tombstone backcountry and our first campsite.
- at the end of our hike we will drive part of the world famous Dempster Highway to nearby Dawson City for the night in a B&B. Dawson was the centre of the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush
EMAIL US – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Whitehorse, Yukon
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Sections are Demanding & Strenuous
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
Another alternative is to consider our newest Yukon hike – KLUANE. Its significance and setting has earned it a World Heritage designation by UNESCO. This adventure matches if not surpasses the Tombstones for scenery and mountain hiking. Visit our KLUANE webpage for more information.
|July 25-Aug 1
||$2350 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 15-22||$2350 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 29-Sept 5||$2350 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|