Legendary Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon
Teslin River Guided Canoeing
“For a moment we find ourselves in a time warp… It is a place you can’t see. You feel it. Here there is a wider sense of place – planted in our intellect by people we never met or knew and by events we never witnessed. On the Yukon River it takes hold of you as you drift around each corner and discover some new remnant of time.” John Firth/River Time
Once you begin the Teslin River guided canoeing adventure, you are transported into a world of serenity, connection with history, and the people who are and were the great story that is the Teslin River. The Teslin does not have the name recognition that the Yukon River has, but it is in every way as culturally, historically,
Note: The Teslin River, aside of its standing as one of the Yukon’s great rivers, avoids Lake Laberge, with its strong funneled winds that can make canoeing potentially very dangerous, and can delay safe travel for days.
TESLIN RIVER GUIDED CANOEING HIGHLIGHTS
- a glaciated landscape of low hills, granite rock, high sandy cliffs, and spruce forest.
- remote and serene, with a deep connection to nature and history.
- wildlife possibilities include eagles, moose, peregrine falcons, to the occasional bear.
- reminders of the movement of people and sternwheelers on the river are evident to this day.
- visit to Hootalinqua, a significant trading and sternwheeler depot during the gold rush.
- visit to Shipyard Island with derelict remains of the steamship Evelyn
View a Photo Essay of our Teslin River Guided Canoe adventure.
EMAIL US – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Booking with Visa or Mastercard? Choose your preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment“.
Booking with American Express? Visit Submission Form
|June 19-28||$1960 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|July 11-20||$2075 Cdn+ 5% Tax||5||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 12-21||$2075 Cdn+ 5% Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|