Wilderness Adventures in British Columbia & Yukon since 1988
Kluane National Park Guided Hike
“One of the 5 Best Hikes in the Yukon” – Travel2Next is a team of award-winning travel writers and visual storytellers are out and about scouring the globe for amazing travel experiences, ideas and opportunities. Most of our contributors have decades of experience in journalism and travel writing, which means we have the know-how, knowledge and industry contacts to deliver authoritative information about the best places to visit around the world.
Kluane (clue-on-e), the Southern Tutchone word for “Lake with many Fish”, is a rugged and magnificent wilderness area in Canada’s Yukon, characterized by high mountains, icefields, and glaciers. It has been recognized by UNESCO as part of the largest non-polar icefield in the world with some of the world’s longest and most spectacular glaciers. As such it is has been designated a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Our Kluane guided hike is a 64 km (40 mile) backpack along the Slims Valley to Observation Mountain. Observation Mountain presents an incredible panorama highlighted by the magnificent Kaskawulsh Glacier. Many hikers label the view as incomparable and one of North America’s truly wild landscapes.
KLUANE GUIDED HIKE HIGHLIGHTS
- a visit to Kluane National Park Centre that has exhibits and a film on the park and First Nations history.
- Dall sheep, along with moose, caribou and mountain goats are most likely to be seen . Grizzly and black bears roam the alpine and forested areas.
- campsites in the midst of the towering peaks, mountain lakes, impressive valleys, and glaciers will remain vividly in your memory.
- the meltwater of Yukon’s Kaskawulsh Glacier drains into Kluane Lake, the largest Yukon lake entirely in the Yukon.
- Mt Logan at 5959 m (19950 ft), Canada’s highest peak and second only to Denali in North America, is located in Kluane Park.
EMAIL US – TRIP ITINERARY – REASONS TO SELECT US
Trip Dates – Cost – Booking Information
National Geographic Magazine has recognized Sea to Sky as one of the top tour companies in the world. (Learn More)
Origin: Whitehorse, Yukon
Frequently Asked Questions: Most Asked
Adventure Rating: Sections are Demanding & Strenuous
Booking Info: What You Need to Know Before Booking
Currency: Convert Your Currency to Canadian Dollars
1.Using Visa or Mastercard? Choose a preferred date & select “Deposit Only “or “Full Payment”.
2. Using American Express? Visit Submission Form
||$1775 Cdn + 5% Fed Tax||8||Deposit Only||Full Payment|
|Aug 4-11||$1775 Cdn + 5% Fed Tax||Full||Deposit Only||Full Payment|